Thursday, August 8, 2013

Got juice?

Just been to the gym and they have a new machine there......I was only on it for about an hour and I started getting sick.
But it's a great machine, it's got kitkats, hershey bars and almond joys, and everything in it!
It's something most all of us battle.  Wanting to be healthy verses putting in the effort to achieve it.  Time, energy, age and excuses all become best friends when the words "eat healthier and move" are spoken!
Well, let's face it, chips and candy bars taste good!
What isn't good are things like heart attacks, diabetes, cancer etc. What is also not good is Celiac disease.
Just found out I have it.  So does one of my daughter's. Dis  ease    it literally means "apart from ease"  and when we have health challenges it certainly is dis ease!
So it is time to try something new.....
Now I am juicing it!

This is Joe Cross.  He is my inspiration for trying juicing.  He is the star of fat, sick and nearly dead. He sure doesn't look it does he? Go check out his website and see how he looked before he started to get healthy!  Yes it is...it is him, the same guy!
http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/
 I got the recipes that are at the bottom of this blog (they are the drinks in the photos)  from Joe who starred in Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.
You can watch his movie right now for free at : 
http://www.hulu.com/search?q=Fat%2C+Sick+%26+Nearly+Dead
First buy the fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs!
(or go out to your garden!) 
Then wash and dry them. No don't use frozen ones, it isn't the same amount of nutrients and they make a racket in your juicer. lol   So buy fresh. No I didn't use them all the first day, I put the rest in the refrigerator. But you will be shocked when you see how much goes into just one drink.  I used to be against juicing, my reasoning being you left out the fiber and fiber made you .....well....regular.  At least according to Dr.Oz.  But after watching the movie I realized that the fiber fills you up fast and you can't take in as many nutrients as you can when you remove it by juicing.  Juicing = massive amounts of healthy nutrients quickly!
Then buy a juicer. I bought this juicer.  It is recommended for someone who is just starting to juice and isn't sure they will do it for a lifetime but it will handle sweet potatoes and kale (big and thin) easily! It really did.  I think the more expensive brands probably extract more juice but this one is a good one for a beginner like me! Oh the glass is almost empty because I was almost done drinking it before I remembered to take a photo of it! Yes, it really was that good! 

 Ninja Bachelor Party Juice

Recipe is later in the blog :)
The manual had a great tip! Put a plastic bag in the  pulp holder for ez clean up! That works for ez4u2do!
See no clean up! The pulp is great to thicken soups or to put into the compost!
Well, I'll let Joe tell you!
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/pulp/
I am taking photos of my body in this journey, just not ready to post them yet......teehee

1
Here is another of the recipes I have tried.  Peach Pie Juice but I thought it tasted like pumpkin pie...not that that's bad! 


Now for the recipes of the 2 juices shown here:

Recipe 1: Ninja Bachelor Party Juice

Ingredients:1/2 pineapple, rind removed
3 celery stalks
6 leaves kale (Tuscan cabbage)
1 handful spinach
1 small handful parsley
1/4 jalapeno
Dash of Himalayan sea salt, to taste

Directions:1.) Remove rind from pineapple.

2.) Remove seeds from jalapeno (optional).

3.) Wash all ingredients and cut to fit through your juicer.

4.) Juice all ingredients, then top with Himalayan salt and enjoy!

Recipe 2: Peach Pie Juice 

Imagine sitting on a front porch, warm summer air gently blowing, and digging that fork into a big ol’ plate of peach pie. Yep, that’s what it tastes like!

Ingredients:
• 3 Large Sweet Potatoes (peeled)
• 4 Ripe Peaches (pitted)
• 2 Golden Delicious Apples (cored)
• A dash of Cinnamon

Directions:
1. Juice in a juicer.
2. Pour into a glass over ice.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
4. Enter peach pie bliss. :)

Makes 2–3 16 oz servings.
You can go to Joe's website and pick which recipes make your mouth water!
Well, I guess that's it for now.  I'll try to keep you posted on how it's going.  Take care of yourself so that one day maybe you won't need someone else to take care of you! 




Got to get a little joke in and since this is about juicing....soak it all in  :)


Martha's way: To get the most juice out of fresh lemons, bring them to room temperature and roll them under your palm against the kitchen counter before squeezing.
My way: Sleep with the lemons in between the mattress and box springs
. :)
source: 
http://www.jokebuddha.com/Juice#ixzz2bR4y4BXE
Remember, it's all fun and games until somebody gets an idea! :) 
It is EZ4U2DO!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete