Sunday, September 9, 2018

Don't toss that bean water! (Aquafaba)

I have developed an interest in aquafaba over the last couple of years. Aquafaba is the term used for the water in which chickpeas, and other legumes have been cooked/canned. It looks and reacts very much like egg whites and serves as such in recipes.  Last year I made my first aquafaba meringue cookie! It was delicious! Going to have to start working with aquafaba more often. It is super high in protein! And yes it is as good as it looks...



I have made many successful dishes with chickpeas and always feel bad tossing the water with all those nutrients! So today I decided to make Flutternutter Cookies. The flutternutter cookies were ok, not my favorite but the Easy Vegan Aquafaba Marshmallow Creme is great! You could put in it between your favorite cookies, with the cold weather coming you could use it to top your hot chocolate or use it on your holiday sweet potato casserole! 

Here is the recipe for the Fluffernutter Sandwich Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free] 
(I did not use her marshmallow cream recipe here, I used the easy one instead)
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/…/fluffernutter-sandwich-coo…/
Here is the recipe I did use for Easy Vegan Aquafaba Marshmallow Creme
https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/easy-vegan-marshmallo…/
Going to have to try breads with it next! Do you have a favorite recipe using aquafaba? Please share it in the comments below....who can't use a good recipe?!
Keepin' it short, but gettin' it done.
Fall hugs to you and remember, it's all fun and games until someone comes up with an idea! Then it is ez4u2do!


No comments:

Post a Comment